Saturday 10 November 2012

Manuka Honey Lip Balm




What can I do on a rainy saturday afternoon?... a while ago I would have replied: "BAKING"... Now that I have to lose 10 KG, I can no longer say that... therefore my new reply is "MAKING COSMETICS"... To be more specific, today's reply was "MAKING MANUKA HONEY LIP BLAM YAY"

My plan is to prepare a bunch of nice natural and homemade products for x-mas gifts. As I have a big family, it is not to early to get started!




Not long ago, I have discovered the amazing and famous New-Zealand Manuka honey. This honey is simply amazing and deserves a whole article dedicated to it (in a future post..).

With cold winter approaching, it is essential to have a good lipbalm to nourish and repair the lips... Here is my recipe full of nice natural ingredients. Really easy to make (even easier if you do it with the Naturalis machine):

For a quantity of 30ml - 3 little jars or 3 sticks... (I personally find it best if you use sticks as it is more hygienic):

  • 4 full teaspoons of organic Shea butter (Mango or Cocoa butter are also good)
  • 4 TADs of Apricot kernel oil
  • 5 grams of natural beeswax
  • 6 drops of natural vanilla extract
  • 2 DASH of Manuka Honey (any organic honey is fine though)


Melt and mix all the ingredients together and pour into containers while it is liquid. Let the balm cool down (10 minutes) and it is then ready to use :)





No comments:

Post a Comment